What is an Ultraviolet Air Purifier?
An ultraviolet (UV) air purifier that is part of a home’s climate control machinery is an important tool that can benefit your indoor air quality, and your health and comfort.
How Does a UV Air Purifier Work?
Ultraviolet light is used to kill germs, allergens, bacteria, mold, pollen, and viruses as they travel through your climate control system. After they are killed, the leftover particulate matter is collected in your furnace filter to prevent recirculation back into your home. To keep this system optimal, it’s essential that you replace your filter at the manufacturer’s recommended time.
Health Benefits of Ultraviolet Air Purification
UV air purifiers can significantly improve the air quality of your home by removing common causes of illness and allergic reactions. This benefits everyone, but it’s especially important for those with compromised immune systems, asthma, or allergies.
Factors to Consider When Buying an Ultraviolet Air Purifier System
Anyone thinking of buying an ultraviolet air purifier for a home must consider a variety of factors.
- Homeowners want an ultraviolet air purifier that will destroy mold spores, other allergens, viruses, and bacteria to prevent illnesses.
- A high-quality ultraviolet air purifier should also eliminate foul odors caused by mildew, family pets, etc.
- Different light wavelengths have differing levels of purification. Make sure to choose a system that offers the best level of purification to meet your needs.
- Some ultraviolet air purification systems create ozone, which can cause breathing difficulties for many individuals. Ensure you choose one that specifies that it does not cause air pollution like ozone.
- To ensure a home’s air is kept as clean as possible, verify that the purification system operates cleanly to avoid contaminating the heating and cooling devices.
- Selecting an ultraviolet air purifier system with a long-lasting lamp makes a homeowner’s life easier along while making the device more economical.
- Each type of ultraviolet air purifier is installed differently in a home, and before purchasing one, homeowners must consider this feature.
- While an ultraviolet air purifier is a durable piece of equipment, it may need replacement parts, and a homeowner should make sure these are readily available.
- Buying an ultraviolet air purifier system from an established company like Clean Air Solutions, that offers a warranty and guarantee is the best way to have a device that will last for many years.
Clean Air Solutions is Here To Help
If you have any questions about ultraviolet air purification, we’re here to help. Our knowledgeable and experienced staff would be happy to help you choose a model to best suit your needs and budget. Contact us today for a free and no-obligation quote.