Hamilton's Trusted Emergency Furnace Repair Service
Winter is just around the corner, meaning you are due for a furnace tune-up. Getting pre-season HVAC repair services can ensure that your furnace is in optimal shape for the cold season.
Shipton’s Heating & Cooling Ltd offers emergency furnace repair in Hamilton. Whether you need tune-ups for an old furnace or want a new furnace installation, our technicians can provide exceptional craftsmanship and customer service.
Few things are quite as frustrating as your furnace breaking down on a cold winter night. When an emergency strikes, our technicians can be there to provide relief. We provide 24/7 emergency furnace repair services in Hamilton and surrounding areas. Even a small problem can quickly develop into costly repairs, so don’t hesitate to give us a call and schedule a service!
We also offer regular furnace maintenance services in Hamilton and surrounding areas. Your exact furnace maintenance checklist will vary depending on your furnace model and age but generally includes:
- Change filters
- Check voltages
- Test thermostat calibration
- Inspect burner unit or heating coils
- Inspect drain lines
- Adjust gas flow and pressure
- Inspect heat exchange and vents
- Calibrate belt fan tension
- Lubricate moving parts
- Test exhaust systems
Regular heater maintenance is the key to keeping your HVAC system or heat pump in top condition. Contact us today if you would like to know more about our professional heating repairs and service in Hamilton.
Common Furnace Problems
We have serviced thousands of air conditioners and furnaces, so we can quickly and accurately diagnose a faulty furnace. Below are some of the most common heating equipment malfunctions we encounter in Hamilton:
Furnaces and other home heating equipment also remove dust from the air. Over time, the filters in the heat exchanger can get dirty and clogged. Clogged filters can restrict air flow, causing excess strain on your HVAC system. A dirty furnace filter won’t capture debris either, so your home might get excessively dusty.
The heat exchanger is the main part of the heating system that actually warms the air. Temperatures in heat exchangers can fluctuate greatly, leading to cracks and dents. Cracked heat exchangers leak air and won’t be able to heat your home efficiently. If you have a cracked heat exchanger, your best option is to install a new system.
Another sign your system needs maintenance is if your furnace frequently turns on and off before completing each cycle. Frequent cycling uses more power and puts more of a strain on your heating system. An over cycling furnace may trip your breaker box and cause power outages.
One of the most obvious warning signs that you need furnace service is a lack of hot air. Most of the time, a lack of hot air is due to inadequate refrigerant or a broken blower motor. If your furnace won’t blow hot air, call a professional to inspect the vents and heat exchanger.
Normally, the pilot light for your furnace should glow a light blue colour. If the flame is yellow, it means there is not enough oxygen or heat to achieve full combustion. Incomplete combustion produces high quantities of carbon monoxide, which is a dangerous odourless gas. If you notice a yellow pilot light, call professional technicians to address the problem.
Loud noises are another sign that you need furnace service or repair. A small amount of noise during operation is normal, but loud grinding or clanking could indicate a larger problem. Components like the blower belt or vents become loose over time and start vibrating, causing further damage.
Benefits of Furnace Repair
Aside from fixing the immediate problem, regular maintenance and furnace repair carry several benefits.
The main reason to get regular service and repair is to keep your furnace in the most energy-efficient condition. As your furnace wears down, it has to work harder to maintain the same performance. The result is your heating system draws more power, causing higher energy bills. Regular service and repairs keep your system efficient, lowering your monthly energy costs.
Regular maintenance and furnace repairs can also significantly extend your system’s lifespan. The typical HVAC furnace lasts about 15 years on average. Staying on top of maintenance can extend that lifespan by an additional five years. It will also prevent future breakdowns, so you’ll end up paying less for repairs over time.
Above all, regular HVAC maintenance will improve your furnace or heat pump performance. Your furnace will be able to provide more consistent warm air and will take less time to kick on and warm up. You’ll notice more consistent temperatures inside your house and more reliable temperature switching.
Tips to Keep Your Furnace in Good Condition
You should have a professional in Hamilton inspect your heating at least once every six months to a year. In the meantime, you can do several things to keep your furnace in good condition.
- Most residential furnaces have the filter chamber in an easy-to-access location. Changing the filters regularly is one of the simplest ways to minimize repairs and doesn’t require professional knowledge.
- Make sure all your vents are open when using your furnace. Keeping your vents closed can cause pressure to build up, leading to interior damage. Keeping vents open will maximize airflow and keep performance consistent.
- Double-check your windows and doors for drafts and cracks. You can add weatherstripping to doors and seal cracks near windows with caulk.
- Get in the habit of visually inspecting your heater and vents periodically. If you notice any cracks or other negative signs, you can call a professional for service before the issues get worse.
- If you have a gas-powered furnace, double-check your exhaust flue at least once every three months. A clogged exhaust flue can cause gas to leak throughout your home.
- If your furnace is ten years or older, you should consider upgrading to a newer, more energy-efficient model. Modern high-efficiency furnaces produce fewer greenhouse gases and consume less fuel, saving you money on future energy bills.
- Don’t frequently turn your system on and off. If you are going to be out of the house for the day, put your furnace on a low setting and leave it on. Running your furnace at a low heat minimizes energy usage compared to turning it on and off every time you leave.
Why Choose Us?
Our licensed technicians stand out for their high level of training and experience. All technicians hold all relevant certifications and have received advanced training in HVAC repair services. We have serviced thousands of heating and cooling systems in Hamilton, so you can count on our extensive experience to provide outstanding quality repair service.
We dedicate ourselves to providing exceptional customer service. We work closely with clients and make sure they stay informed at every step of the repair process. With 24/7 emergency service, we promise to show up to the job on time, ready to work efficiently.