Your Gateway to Greener Comfort!
At Shipton’s Heating & Cooling Ltd, we believe everyone should be able to access quality HVAC services without breaking the bank.
We are proud to be a leading provider of energy-efficient HVAC solutions that not only help you save money but also contribute to a cleaner environment.
If you are looking to upgrade your home’s heating and cooling systems, now is the perfect time to take advantage of the rebates available here in Ontario. These rebates can help you save thousands on your energy bills, and our team is here to help you navigate the process.
Our team of experts will work with you to assess your home’s needs and recommend the best HVAC systems that will maximize your energy savings. We offer a wide range of products, including furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, and more, all of which are energy-efficient and come with a manufacturer’s warranty.
Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+)
Shipton’s Heating & Cooling Ltd would like to inform homeowners in Ontario that, as of January 4, 2023, the Canada Greener Homes Grant has been co-delivered by Natural Resources Canada and Enbridge Gas under the new name of Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+).
This updated rebate program offers significantly increased rebates for various home efficiency upgrades, including heat pump upgrades up to $11,500 for Enbridge customers. Non-Enbridge customers may also be eligible for up to $5,000 in rebates. Heat pump water heaters are also eligible for rebates.
It’s important to note that Ontario homeowners who applied for the Canada Greener Homes Grant prior to January 4, 2023, must continue to utilize the CGHG portal to manage their grant application.
What’s New For The HER+ Program?
As many Ontarians experienced the old rebate programs were somewhat confusing and difficult to qualify for. With the HER+ there are two rebate packages to simplify available rebates.
- Rebate Package A provides up to $10,000 in rebates for homeowners who are Enbridge customers, with funding from Enbridge Gas and the Government of Canada’s Greener Homes Grant.
- Rebate Package B offers up to $5,000 in rebates for homeowners who are not Enbridge customers, with funding from the Government of Canada’s Greener Homes Grant.
It’s important to note that, unlike some previous programs, only one retrofit upgrade is required to qualify for rebates under the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus program.
Regardless of which rebate package you qualify for, the available rebate amounts have been updated for the launch of the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus program and differ from previously available amounts. Additionally, the program’s new eligibility criteria enable more Ontarians to qualify for rebates.
How Do I Apply?
To participate in the HER+ program, homeowners must follow a simple process:
- Schedule your energy evaluation by contacting a certified energy advisor
- Select an approved HVAC contractor to complete the recommended upgrades to your heating and cooling systems.
- After the upgrades are complete, schedule your post-evaluation. Ensure that all invoices have been paid in full prior to your evaluation. Your file is not able to be processed until paid in full. Upon approval, homeowners will receive their rebate directly from the program.