A heat pump is essentially an air conditioner and furnace combined into one unit. It basically works by transporting heat either into, or out of your home as needed.
In a heat pump, the coolant is circulated via a compressor. Depending on which way the compressor is running, the heat pump can extract heat from your home for a cooling effect in the summer, or from outside and distribute it into your home in the winter. Thus, a heat pump can both cool or heat your home as needed.
The Benefits of a Heat Pump
Heat pumps offers several benefits:
- They can be up to 58% more efficient than a traditional furnace, saving you money!
- Heat pumps are usually quieter than other methods of heating and cooling
- They are generally safer and cleaner, as there are no hot surfaces and there is no burning fuel
- The filtration systems do an excellent job of filtering mold, dander, dust, etc.
- They offer excellent in-home air quality
Is a Heat Pump Ideal for Your Home?
A heat pump is an excellent heating and cooling solution, but it may not be what you need. Contact Shipton’s to book a free consultation with one of our heating and cooling experts to go over your options and determine whether a heat pump is the best fit for you, your family, and your home.